We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with at email@example.com.
2. Explaining our legal bases of collecting data
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. In particular our legal bases are:
When you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. When collecting your data, we will make sure that we only collect data which is necessary to our services.
For example, when you send us a contact form message and tick a box to receive email communication.
When we need to process your necessary data for a contract we have with the individual/business or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
For example, if we need to get in touch with you about a service/product that you already have a contract with us or for support.
In specific situations, we may use your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. We will always respect your right to opt out of subscriptions and remove your data.
3. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you contact us via any of our online forms and email
- When entering your details on a marketing form at conferences / exhibitions / meetings
- When you enter any of our prize draws
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc
- When you engage with us on social media
- When uploading content to our web hosting solution
4. What sort of personal data do we collect?
In terms of being a controller, we only collect data that is necessary for our products or services. We will only ever ask for a name of the contact, along with a business contact email, business phone number, business address. We will also keep a record of any communications between ourselves and the client.
In terms of being a processor, we keep all of your data that you process through our websites safe and secure. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that data that they place onto our platform fully complies with the data protection policy of their organisation, and is not illegal or offensive.
5. How and why do we use your personal data?
- We use your personal data to ensure that we can provide you with the best service possible, and to complete any given projects or services that you have requested.
- To process your booking / appointment requests
- To respond to your queries, support requests and complaints. Storing the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- With the personal data that you have given us consent to use, we may communicate with you via email or telephone about our services and products which may include special offers, discounts, events, competitions and new products.
- To send you information of any of our prize draws or competitions which you may enter / have entered, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
Please note, you have the right to opt out of any communications with us / decide not to share your personal data with us / or refuse certain contact permissions, however in doing this we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
We will not sell any personal data to third party companies.
6. How we protect your personal data
We want to prioritise the security of our customers personal data. We will store your data with the strongest protection measures.
Any personal data passed through our website is secured by an SSL encryption. We carry out daily security checks on our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
We store all personal data provided to us on a secure CRM system, which complies with the latest GDPR regulations.
7. How long will we keep your personal data?
When collecting or processing your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
If you decide to end your contract with us / opt out of any communications / request deletion of your personal details, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
8. Who do we share your personal data with?
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
We will only share your first and last name, business email, business phone number and business address for our operational purposes only. We only share data with third parties that follow GDPR guidelines including our accounting software, customer relationship management system, email and hosting provider and backup software.
For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer.
9. Where your personal data may be processed
We will only share your personal data with third parties and suppliers inside the European Economic Area (EEA) or third parties and suppliers who are protected under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
10. What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
Access to personal data that we hold about you. We charge an administrative fee of £5 for this.
The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
Withdrawal of consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a contract).
That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Data Protection Officer at support@codaeducation. To ask for your information to be amended, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
11. How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
You can request for us to remove your data by email email@example.com
A cookie is a piece of data sent from our website and stored on your computer whilst you browse our website. When you browse our website in the future, the data stored in the cookie is retrieved by our website to notify the website of your previous visit and activity on our website.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. A cookie doesn’t give us access to any information about you, or your computer. You can choose to accept or decline cookies, and you can modify the settings on your browser. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
13. Any questions?
This notice was last updated on 23/04/2018